Wednesday, September 21, 2005

global morons

global moronA while back in the midst of a summer daze, I noticed some bizarre activity in the back street beside the river... Some goofball's car windows were all steamed up like he had a jacuzzi in the front passenger seat. I wanted to see if it was true. Nup. Just another office worker taking a lunch break siesta with the air-con running full blast.

Well it was 2AM and 29 degrees when I made a note of that observation and the connection... I would like to see something sorted out here and now on this earth.
It’s hot in Hiroshima now. We’ll burn a lot of fuel, nuclear or not, this summer just keeping cool. Look out Kyoto. We are heating things up to stay chill. In Hiroshima, drivers park next to Peace Park and leave their engines running and sleep or gaze at their phones.
redundancyTonight, despite the temperature and humidity still a ridiculously high combination that causes profuse sweat disasters, the apparent change of season means I should no longer be wearing sleeveless tops after hours! It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realise it, one walk past the dozens of identical vending machines all cranking out more than their fare share of heat to keep the precious products cool, you'll quickly come up with a way to do something about it. Thanks to one of my students for pointing that one out to me!

No comments: